Partially because I’m lazy, but mostly because I’m not a designer (I’m a lover), I’m opening up the Chris Sabo’s Goggles banner design to the public.*
Let’s call it: “Design Chris Sabo’s Goggles‘ Banner,” okay?
* Unless you’re a St. Louis Cardinals or Chicago Cubs fan, in which case this contest is closed.
It’s really pretty simple — design a banner that will be featured on this blog from the beginning of Spring Training until (at least) the end of the 2012 season and I’ll give you credit for it. As long as you’re okay with “credit” = absolutely no money. Although there might be a t-shirt (or something) for the winner.
- Dimensions: 920 x 180 pixels (think of it like a pizza — leave some room around the edges)
- It needs to say “Chris Sabo’s Goggles” or “Goggles” somewhere
- It should probably have a Reds logo on their somewhere so people don’t mistake it for an eye-protection-fetish site
- It should probably have red in it (if you can match the Reds’ PMS color, all the better)
- It needs to say “Est. 2008” somewhere — mostly to spite the people who said my little idea would never last
- It needs to fit into the design of the rest of the blog (e.g. nothing too crazy)
- The banner better not have a photo of Chris Sabo
- I’ll probably need the winning banner in Photoshop or Illustrator format in case I need to make adjustments
- If you’re creating this banner in Microsoft Paint — don’t
- That’s it (unless I think of something later, in which case this list will continue to grow)
Pretty awesome, right?
Let it be known that I don’t have to choose any of the designs I receive. I still might end up designing the banner myself, so unless you want to see more half-assed design work from me, use that as motivation to create something better. If I receive more than one entry (and I hope I do, otherwise I’ve seriously underestimated my readers), I’ll put them all up on the blog and people can decide which one they like best. And then I can veto them.
Seriously, though — if you’re interested, of if you have any questions, shoot me an email/send your files (just JPEGs for now) to csgoggles17 (at) gmail (dot) com. Use the subject line “CSG Banner” so I can easily find it among the
hundreds dozens three other emails I get.